Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This is a dumb idea

Record #1 (and #2) - Bollywood Bloodbath. The B-Music of the Indian Horror Film Industry (Finders Keepers, 2011).

What the shit am I getting into? I'm reviewing records like a god damned shitty opinionated teenager? I'm gonna be 35 in 3 months, who cares what I think of these records?

To boot, I get to listen to a compilation of Bollywood Horror Film soundtracks to kick it off. I'm an idiot.

The record is good. It's a lot of fun to listen to and has a lot of great funky instrumentation. At times creepy, more often than not, the vocals are female and beautiful. It's fun imagining the various chase scenes and creepily dramatic scenes of being lost in the woods and stumbling upon a ghoul or ghastly creature as the album progresses. If I ever invited anyone over to my house for a swingers party while sipping martinis and smoking from a pipe, I would put this record on to set the mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home